Nicola’s current art practice looks to research and investigate as well as produce outcomes surrounding human behaviour, her mixed media practice explores installation and sculpture. Nicola has wide experience writing, publishing and teaching. I also hold a current DBS (formerly CRB) certificate.
University of Bedfordshire – Art and Design BA(Hons) 2018
Open University - Certificate in Early Childhood 2004
· Freelance photographer since 2004, photographing a variety of commercial product and portrait products and people as well as extensive lifestyle photography for both individual clients and larger corporations.
· Extensive experience in shooting in available light, shooting commercial stills, through to high paced events photography.
· Produced a variety of detailed photographic articles for Nicked magazine via Lemon Tree Media 2014 - 2015
· SWPP Gold award 2008
· Nicola has enjoyed and been very successful in planning and running large workshops both to peers and beginners in the photographic world. Delivering shooting expertise as well as business and media advice and coaching.
· Liaising with international photographers to create one off events and workshops for photography peers.
Concepts, Art Practice and Outcomes
· 2015 Concept: Parental Intimacy, Outcome; Mother and child
A soft upholstery piece; A large bean bag styles sculpture representing the soft intimacy between a parent a child with a soft piece of draped fabric to represent the delicacy and tender side of childhood.
· 2016 Concept: Cycles Outcome; Wheel of fortunes
A Jean Tinguely inspired piece, a wood and metal upcycled sculpture/ installation. A wheel that allowed for porcelain balls to pass through then be spun by the viewer. At a random pace one ball would fall and smash causing the viewer to consider if they wanted to participate again in the cycle. A reflection on good and bad behaviour.
· 2017 Concept: Propaganda Outcome; Ongoing..
SWPP London Annual Gala
Incorporaire, Pop Up Luton Mall, (2017)
Nicola has experience of setting up and running a successful freelance business, tax expenditure, marketing, pricing, purchasing, web design and client management.
Bounce flash and lighting experience.
Nicola has vast photoshop and Lightroom experience.
Nicola has always been involved in education and is passionate about arts education. She has a current DBS and has experience teaching at all levels.